Manufacturer: Cipla Limited
|5mg × 12 pills||$5.66||$67.90||Buy Now!|
|5mg × 20 pills||$5.40||$107.90||Buy Now!|
|5mg × 28 pills||$5.14||$143.90||Buy Now!|
|5mg × 36 pills||$5.11||$183.90||Buy Now!|
|5mg × 52 pills||$4.84||$251.90||Buy Now!|
|10mg × 12 pills||$9.33||$111.90||Buy Now!|
|10mg × 20 pills||$8.95||$178.90||Buy Now!|
|10mg × 28 pills||$8.82||$246.90||Buy Now!|
|10mg × 36 pills||$8.22||$295.90||Buy Now!|
|10mg × 52 pills||$7.82||$406.90||Buy Now!|
What is this medicine?
RIZATRIPTAN is used to treat migraines with or without aura. An aura is a strange feeling or visual disturbance that warns you of an attack. It is not used to prevent migraines.
What should I tell my health care providers before I take this medicine?
- bowel disease or colitis
- family history of heart disease
- fast or irregular heart beat
- heart or blood vessel disease, angina (chest pain), or previous heart attack
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- history of stroke, transient ischemic attacks (TIAs or mini-strokes), or intracranial bleeding
- kidney or liver disease
- poor circulation
- postmenopausal or surgical removal of uterus and ovaries
- Raynaud's disease
- seizure disorder
- an unusual or allergic reaction to rizatriptan, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is taken by mouth with a glass of water. This medicine is taken at the first symptoms of a migraine. It is not for everyday use. If your migraine headache returns after one dose, you can take another dose as directed. You must leave at least 2 hours between doses, and do not take more than 30 mg total in 24 hours. If there is no improvement at all after the first dose, do not take a second dose without talking to your doctor or health care professional. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
NOTE: This medicine is only for you. Do not share this medicine with others.
What if I miss a dose?
What may interact with this medicine?
- amphetamine, dextroamphetamine or cocaine
- dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergoloid mesylates, methysergide, or ergot-type medication - do not take within 24 hours of taking rizatriptan
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate - do not take rizatriptan within 2 weeks of stopping MAOI therapy.
- other migraine medicines like almotriptan, eletriptan, naratriptan, sumatriptan, zolmitriptan - do not take within 24 hours of taking rizatriptan
This medicine may also interact with the following:
- medicines for mental depression, anxiety or mood problems
This list may not describe all possible interactions. Give your health care providers a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. Some items may interact with your medicine.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
- chest or throat pain, tightness
- fast, slow, or irregular heart beat
- increased or decreased blood pressure
- loss of vision or vision changes
- severe stomach pain and cramping, bloody diarrhea
- shortness of breath, wheezing, or difficulty breathing
- tingling, pain, or numbness in the face, hands or feet
- unusual reaction or swelling of the skin, eyelids, face, or lips
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- feeling warm, flushing, or redness of the face
- muscle pain or cramps
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- tiredness or weakness
This list may not describe all possible side effects.
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Only take this medicine for a migraine headache. Take it if you get warning symptoms or at the start of a migraine attack. It is not for regular use to prevent migraine attacks.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. To reduce dizzy or fainting spells, do not sit or stand up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. Alcohol can increase drowsiness, dizziness and flushing. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Smoking cigarettes may increase the risk of heart-related side effects from using this medicine.
Where should I keep this medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.